Thursday 20 December 2012

Off we go

As we were arranging most of the weekend we had to make sure that there is enough too eat and drink.  We were planning a “potjie kos” competition as well and needed to take the gas bottles and pots and then there were our luggage.

We packed everything in the Corsa Bakkie and off we went to our parents to unload all the stuff and reload the trailer and Kombi.

As there was quite a few discussion on how to pack the trailer I decided to pack the back of the Kombi in the meantime.  Even the sixty eggs we took for breakfast. Not one arrived broken at the farm.

All packed, we were off.

Our first stop was in Brandfort to check if the Funeral Home had done their job at Grandma Bokkie’s grave.  She passed away earlier this year and her kids are still struggling to get the headstone on her grave.

Headstone not there the necessary calls were made.

And off we went again. 

I wanted to see where my husband’s Grandma Bokkie lived at Star Diamonds, but what I did not know was that the road was a gravel one and I am very scared of gravel roads.  To top it off we were stopped by a gate and I could not see the house.  We had to take the gravel road back to the main road again!!!

Thanks to our Heavenly Father we reached our destination safely and without any trouble. The kids were glad as they hate being so long in the car (three hours, luckily we did not go to the beach which is between seven to eleven hours drive)





We were greeted by rain and thought that this is going to be a very wet weekend.  But one say thank you Lord for the rain as we so desperately need the rain and we will make the best of it.








Off course nothing stops my husband from a braai.  The gazebo was erected and the fire was started. 

The kids enjoyed the pool table and Mom and me watched and unpacked the stuff. 





Now Marli is Alet and Roelof’s little girl and the only way we could get her to come with us, is that she will sleep with me.  The catch was that I would have to get up in the night to take her to the bathroom.  My kids are 8 and 13, I do not need to get up at night.





Luckily I sleep very light and every hour I woke and look at the time.  Shame she did not even know we went to the bathroom twice.  And for the rest of the weekend she slept with us in the room.

I think I will be a much better Mom now than in my twenties.  It was not so hard and felt nice to be needed again.

We woke Saturday at seven and had a lovely cup of coffee and some of Mom Elsie’s love biscuit, specially baked for the weekend. 
















Then the rest of the clang arrived.

To be continued.

Quilt Lovies
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment