Saturday 17 November 2012

Breakfast with friends

Today was our group's year end get together.

I thank the Heavenly Father for brought this group of people into my life and the fact that we shear  a mutual love for fabric is a bonus.

There is Rina, the oldest of our group.  She is such an inspiration at 80.  I pray that the Lord will keep me as mobile as she is.


She always calls my two boys her sweet hearts and always give something to pass on to them.

Then there is Karin de Villiers our group leader.  She is an inspiration with lots of patients.  She has worked very hard with the Goodie Bags for the Quilt Festival next year in Bloemfontein as our Guild (Oranje Quilt Guild) is hosting the Festival. A definite must.




And of course Beatrice, a very good friend and the lady that started me with quilting.



With her is Annetjie who made the most beautiful blue coloured quilt.



This is from the (my) right, Christa, Antjie and Madelein.  They  are all very special ladies who has shown me so much and is always ready to be a friend.


From (my) left is "Tannie" Rina, Alta Du Plessis, Alta Street, Karin Nel, Karin De Villiers.  Do you notice the repetition in names,  similar to blocks in a quilt.  And will this ladies be beautiful on a friendship quilt.

Then it was time for the gifts.  It is such fun and boy can these ladies make up the most delightful gifts.  Even a jelly bean will have fun if one of this ladies use it in a gift.

We had a wonderful breakfast as well.


Ok, as promised.  This was the tray I made for the lucky draw gift and I do hope it brings much colour to Antjie.



This was the canister with the birthday fabric and some home made cookies.  I hope the girls use the canister for needle work.

Tonight we have braai at friends.  A perfect end to a perfect day.

Hope to post some progress reports every day next week.

Quilt lovies
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment