Monday 26 December 2011

CRAZY DECEMBER

End of the year, you think it will get quiet.

Wrong, not in my life.

Finishing up at work, three birthdays, Christmas and preparing for January' five birthdays.

My mom turned 74 years and as every child with ageing parents know, they get more difficult.  My parents get only a few peanuts, which they call a pension, and still she buys food for us.  We ask nicely, we even approach her, the way would the kids and still every time we fetch her to visit us she brings food.  The kids can not wait to see Granny as there is always something for them.

And then the Christmas Bag.  She makes Santa look bad.  Sweets, cookies, toys. 

How will I ever convince her that she must stop?  She argues that she has only the two and I must not take her pleasures away.  See I am the only child and she took care of my children before they went to school.

Thank you mom for being you, I love you dearly.


My husband also took a step nearer to 40.  I can tell you we had this great elegant party but that would be a lie.  We braai (barbecue).  All the family comes together with their favorite drinks and a salad and then we "kuier".  It is lots of fun.  Laughter, laughter and more laughter is the key word.  I can see that my sons will grow up to be great "braaiers"

I realize with each gathering that  I must thank the Dear Lord for my family.  They are hard work, sometimes I do not understand the things they do and say and most of the time I want to hang them by their toes.  But without them and the love they surround me, I will be nothing.






The Wild One turned 12.

I cannot believe it. 

He asked every body for money and bought himself a PSP. That gave me some hope that he learned something from all  the preaching.  Then he asked everyone to give him money for Christmas (they asked him what he wanted) to buy some games. 

I think that we teach our kids that Christmas is al about gifts and they never learn about the greatest gift that was given to mankind.

We bought the boys Fishing rods and hope to go fishing this week.  However at the moment we are getting our much needed rain.






Chrismas



I think the pictures speak for themselves.  Father Christmas was dressed in his red T-shirt.  We live in a hot part of the world.

I was trying to get the kids on the carpet to have enough place for everyone to move,  no such luck.  They were sitting as close as they can to the tree.  One will think the names on the presents will be enough insurance that they will get the present meant for them.

Thank you Lord for family.

To everyone may God be with you.

As you may have guessed, I did not even touch a peace of material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment