Tuesday 27 December 2011

Busy, busy, busy but stil no quilting

I bought the newspaper special and got  5kg beetroot and carrots.

The carrots I freezed and made three bottles of curry carrots.

Now my family is not crazy about beetroot but you cannot just throw away food can you.  So I Googled and found a wonderful old Afrikaans recipe on the  Internet.  Maybe I can give some away for gifts

 The colorful part of beetroot is everything turns this beautiful red.

My sink is red, all three pots are red, dishcloth is red.  Luckily hubby helped me to clean the kitchen.

I have three weeks leave.  The one week we will be spending in Jeffreys.

I have so many things that I want to do and get done and only two weeks to do it.  How!!

The thing is I cannot start quilting before my house is clean and my cupboards make some sense.  And then there is the blinds I want to make for the kitchen and long awaited curtains for Devan's room.

If only I can finish one quilt I will be so happy

Maybe next year some will be finished.

Ruby
 

Beginners quilt done with Hettie

No comments:

Post a Comment