Tuesday 24 April 2012

I am still here

You can see it is getting colder.

I was struggling to get started but now I am on a roll.

I decided I must complete my few ufo's however I feel so inspired and have started with a few other projects.

Firstly I was inspired by the BOM that was put on the Oranje Quilters Guild at the beginning of the year.  So I chose two.


Latice garden by Jeanne Rae Crafts.

Here is my attemt.


I plan to use the green and rusty red for the nine patch blocks and a darker green for the borders.  Can you belief I am actually up to date.

I also decided to start with the Funky Chicken BOM by Sindy  Rodenmayer.
Go to http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/ for the pattern.



This one I have to start and catch up.

I also have finished the quilt for my youngest.  I got the pattern from Martini Nel's boek "Die volledige Kwiltboek".



I have to sandwhich and then quilt it.  My teacher, Beatrice from our group advised that I must stabilize the quilt and then in the blocks I am going to quilt animal footprints.  I am still deciding what to do on the black border.
I hope Dee can use the quilt this winter.

And yes now I have to start one for Ruan.  I will never hear the end if he does not get one this year.  Maybe the chickens.  He will surely never speak to me.  At age 12 it is all black, however I see him as a very colourfull and vabrant caracter.

I am also still busy with my Hexagon quilt and plan to finish same before the end of the year.

So let me sign off and start my quilting.

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment